Hi!Banana bread is comfort food at its finest. Best paired with a cold glass of milk in the early morning, a slice of banana bread will brighten up even the dreariest of days! While chocolate chip banana bread is a classic treat, chocolate peanut butter is an inventive new addition; its distinct flavor will literally add another layer to your next loaf. My peanut butter go-to? The Peanut Butter & Co.’s Dark Chocolate Dreams, but feel free to experiment with your own favorite brand. Don’t forget to sprinkle on the best part: the chocolate chips!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread Loosely adapted from Kitchen Meets Girl
- 5 tablespoons chocolate peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons plus one teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Microwave the peanut butter and one teaspoon of oil in a microwave safe bowl for about thirty seconds on high. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Combine the remaining oil, butter, brown sugar, and sliced bananas with an electric mixer. Add the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and buttermilk to the banana mixture, starting and ending with the flour.
- Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into the pan. Top with the chocolate peanut butter mixture, and finish by pouring the rest of the batter on top. Swirl the layers together, and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake the bread for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool for ten minutes before taking it out of the pan. Enjoy!
Have a wonderful Tuesday!