Thanksgiving may have come and gone, but my cranberry love certainly hasn’t! Whether I whip up a batch of Chocolate Cranberry Scones or I sprinkle craisins on my lunchtime salad, I adore the flavor cranberries add to seasonal dishes, and these tasty bars are no exception. Paired with chocolate and a pinch of cinnamon, these blondies make a delicious holiday treat – or a mid-week pick-me-up :) Fortunately, in the midst of holiday activities, you only need to set aside ten minutes of preparation and thirty minutes of baking for this one-bowl recipe; there’s truly no excuse not to give them a try!
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Bars Adapted from Averie Cooks
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix together the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Stir in the cinnamon and the flour. Fold in the cranberries and the chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Pour batter into the pan, and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for twenty-five minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bars cool before serving, and enjoy!
Have an awesome Wednesday!