I think some tasty muffins are the perfect way to kick off spring, don’t you?! Peanut butter and chocolate is no doubt one of my favorite combinations to work with, so it was only a matter of time until I moved on to one of my favorite things to bake: muffins! :) These are so easy to whip up, and they make the best breakfast treats and snacks. I imagine other mix-ins would be just as tasty, but sometimes the basic is what you need. Because of the peanut butter, these muffins can feel a bit dense after a few days, but it’s nothing a little reheating in the microwave can’t fix!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Muffins Adapted from How Sweet It Is
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the egg, yogurt, and sugar until smooth.
- Slowly mix in the butter and peanut butter. Once creamy, whisk in the milk.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Grease twelve muffin cups in a standard muffin tin.
- Scoop out batter into each cup until about 3/4 the way full.
- Bake for fifteen to eighteen minutes; the tops should be slightly golden.
- Let cool, and then enjoy!
Have a wonderful rest of your day!