Our kitchen is covered in holiday cookies right now, so it is hard for me to think that it was just last week that I made these scrumptious peanut butter swirl brownies! Chocolate and peanut butter are one of my favorite combos, so I am surprised that I hadn’t made these sooner. Anyhoo, these brownies are a rich and yummy treat, and they are absolutely delightful with a large glass of milk. I think in the future I will avoid “over-swirling” near the end, but they were a fun new recipe nonetheless. Definitely a standout among all the holiday cookies, wouldn’t you say?
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies Adapted from Love & Olive Oil
for brownie base
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
for the peanut butter swirl
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, cocoa powder, oil, and sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, and set aside.
- For the peanut butter swirl, mix together the butter, peanut butter, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl until smooth. Add in the confectioner’s sugar and salt, and again, stir until smooth.
- Grease an eight by eight inch square pan with butter.
- Pour the chocolate batter into the prepared pan. Drop dollops of the peanut butter layer on top. Use a butter knife to swirl the two layers together.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool on a wire rack before serving.
Have a terrific evening!