There’s only a few more weeks until the beginning of the holiday season, which also mean that 2014 is a mere couple of months away! Because of how little time there is left in 2013, I am so excited over Elise’s post over at A Beautiful Mess. Her wonderful idea is to set four simple goals for yourself to complete before the start of the new year. I love this – mostly because I often forget how quickly time flies by during these two months, but also because the emphasis is on setting positive goals that you can achieve, not unrealistic ones that cause pressure. Here are the basic guidelines if you want to join in on the fun, as said over at A Beautiful Mess…
1. Choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. Choose things you may not otherwise get done but are not difficult to accomplish.
2. Do not choose result oriented goals. Choose activity oriented goals. For example, instead of “lose 10 pounds,” choose something like “eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day.”
3. Choose personal goals you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! They can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. Choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! It can be a small or large reward—it’s up to you.
5. Blog about your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year!
Fun, yes?! :) So, without further ado, here are my goals for the rest of 2013!
1 // Yoga is such a good stress reliever for me; whenever I do it, I instantly feel much more relaxed and ready to tackle whatever comes my way! However, I often struggle to find the time to actually practice yoga daily. Any suggestions?! I am thinking if I do it right when I wake up, it will start my day off right.
2 // As Doll Mag keeps growing and expanding, so do all of my craft supplies! Between me and my sister, we have a LOT. I would love to get it all organized for the new year!
3 // I’ve mentioned it a bit before, but I fell into a bit of a reading funk less month! I have so many good books to read currently on my bookshelf though, so completing this goal shouldn’t be a problem for me :)
4 // Finally, I think that this last one if the most important. I can think of nothing that would make me more cheery than brightening up someone else’s day!
What are your goals for the rest of 2013? If you want to set your own, remember to click HERE for more information. Happy goal-making friends!