The classic Rice Krispies treat. A delightful combination of marshmallows, butter, and cereal that seems to disappear in just a matter of minutes! I never made these before, but I figured that nothing truly bad could happen :) Although I’ve seen updates with brown butter, peanut butter, and other new ingredients, I think that basic is sometimes the best. Fortunately, these can be whipped up in twenty minutes, so your snack craving can be fixed in no time!
Crispy Treats Adapted from a variety of sources
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- A bit under 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add marshmallows, and stir until completely melted. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in cereal.
- Butter a 13 by 9 by 2 inch baking pan. Press mixture into the pan.
- Let mixture harden before cutting into bars.
- Bonus points if you serve them on pretty floral napkins!
Have a lovely day!