Last year, the first recipe I posted was these delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. As my blog recently turned a year old, I thought it would be fun to revisit that recipe and add one very important ingredient – oatmeal! I couldn’t imagine doing these cookies without chocolate, as the original recipe states, but if chocolate isn’t really your thing, feel free to take it out. These are so yummy, light and fluffy the minute you take a bite. I would suggest making these before the holiday cookie craze takes over. If you are anything like me, by the third week of December, your kitchen is covered with cookies!
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Oatmeal Cookies Adapted from A Cozy Kitchen
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugars, and the egg with an electric mixer.
- Beat in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Grease two baking sheets.
- Use a teaspoon to drop mounds of dough in four rows of four.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through.
Have a lovely night!