Brown speckled, ripe bananas, how I love you! Ripe bananas allow me to make my favorite breakfast treat – banana bread! The rich flavor of the chocolate blends perfectly with the sweet bananas. It is just so comforting! One slice will truly make your day. Unless, of course, you dislike bananas, in which it will make a good gift for the holidays :) The key to making a delicious loaf is not to over mix the batter, or to let the batter sit out too long!
Banana Bread Adapted from the September 2003 issue of Cooking Light; original recipe can be found here.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend together sugar and butter with an electric mixer.
- Add banana, eggs and yogurt to batter. Beat until combined.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt at low-speed.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Short post today, but Glee will be on soon. HA ;)